Christmas markets are a long-standing and typically tradition:
the Christmas lights will sparkle in a few days in Vienna and the city will be sweet with roasted chestnuts, roast potatoes, mulled wine and aromatic Christmas spices.
Visit Vienna´s Christmas markets and enjoy the fabulous pre-Christmas atmosphere!
The first Christmas markets will open from the 15th of November and you will find gift items for everyone, Christmas decorations in various colors and materials and culinary treats too!
The best Christmas markets in Vienna are:
• Christmas market on Rathausplatz (from the 16th of November)
• Altwiener Christmas Market on the Freyung (from the 22nd)
• Christmas Village at the Maria-Theresienplatz (from the 22nd)
• Christmas Village at the Belvedere (from the 22nd)
• Christmas market in front of the Karlskirche (from the 22nd)
• Christmas market at Spittelberg (from the 15th)
• Christmas at Altes AKH (from the 16th of November)
• Christmas market in front of Schönbrunn Palace (from the 23rd)
There are also 2 new Christmas markets that will be held this year for the first time at Stephansplatz and at Naschmarkt.
Let yourself be enchanted by the atmosphere of the Christmas markets in Vienna!
What are you waiting for?!
Visit the Boutique Hotel Stadthalle during the pre-Christmas time!
We are waiting for you!!
These romantic street markets enjoy a long tradition, with a history in Austria dating back to the Middle Ages.
The markets are mostly located in larger squares and pedestrian zones in Vienna and sell food, drinks and seasonal items. more details
From the 5th of May to the 8th of May 2011 the Pop-festival Vienna will take place in front of the Church of St. Charles (Karlskirche). 41 young and individual musicians will show their music projects. For this year’s opening they have invited a special guest: Skero. He is famous in Austria for his song “Kabinenparty”. This year he will perform with a big band of 15 people and he’ll present a new musician from the Austrian pop-scene, Lylit.