Austria’s national holiday26
On the 26th of October Austria celebrates its national holiday. This bank holiday reminds of October 26th 1955 when the Austrian national council voted for the country’s declaration of neutrality.
This is celebrated each year:
On the 26th of October you can visit the following places free of charge:
– The parliament: 9am to 4pm
– The federal chancellery of the Republic of Austria: 9am to 5pm, Ballhausplatz 1
– The president’s office: 1.45pm to 4pm
– Austrian national library 10am-6pm, Josefsplatz 1
– Department of Papyri from 10am to 6pm,
From 1pm you can watch the parade of the Austrian military guards at Heldenplatz.
At 5 pm there will also be a festival service at St.Stephen’s Cathedral.
source: photo: www.vienna.at/tag/tunesien